Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kate Playground Does Hardcore

"Welcome, the city where anything can happen", Part I

I know. I said. I said I was going to take a vacation. But I also said that if he had a fit would return. And I had the burst. And I came back. So here goes. I need out of me.


"Welcome, the city where anything can happen."


There are several possible analysis of this sentence. The first thing to know is it was written originally at the entrance of a small town lost in the end of the world, the most stylish "Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas." But, that said, the first question arises: welcome to where? More than anyone has thought that it wrote the sign put a comma instead of a "a". But no: it turns out that the city is called Welcome. And think about it. Who would not want to go to a town called Welcome? I'm not saying go many people, please. Just want to say that all go. Something like what happens when one goes from Santiago to Curico and sees the sign of "better than nothing, 20 kms." And while there are few cars that are diverted, many people continue to your destination discussing whether the adjective of the town was peoresnadinos, peoresnadeños, peoresanos (¿?), etc. Second

doubt. This is the type of style. And nobody, nobody, nobody, no less a person and that logic suggests, was an expert in advertising (because no mayor or government would let anyone but an expert will design the entrance sign of the city), you would use a phrase so cliché as "the city where anything can happen." It's like saying "the rain that fell from his eyes" or "they lived happily ever after" or phrases like that.

The problem lay in that the phrase was true, and it was true that anything could happen. But that comes later.

The third analysis had to do with the poor choice of background color and letters, but that is necessary to show a picture of the sign, which does not possess. For now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment